We understand that living with a Long Term Condition can be difficult, and can impact on different areas of your life. Our Close 2 Home Service can help to improve how you manage your Long Term Condition and focus on your quality of life and wellbeing.
We offer two Reablement Services:
Close 2 Home - this service covers the North Tees (Stockton) area
Mind Reablement Service - this covers the South Tees (Middlesbrough, Redcar & Cleveland) area.
We can support you to:
- Learn how to cope better with your condition
- Live a healthier lifestyle
- Focus on your mental health and wellbeing
- Improve your self-care and self-management of your condition
- Access other services which you may find helpful
- Build your confidence and increase your motivation
- Claim the right benefits
Who is this service for?
We can work with you if you are:
- Living with a long term condition
- Experiencing regular or repeated hospital admissions
- Wishing to improve the way you manage your condition and improve your wellbeing
What happens next?
Once we have received your referral into our service, we will contact you by telephone to introduce ourselves and arrange for us to call at your home (or for you to attend our office if you prefer) to complete the initial assessment face to face.
The initial assessment gives you an opportunity to talk with a Reablement officer about how your long term condition impacts on your daily life, we will identify the areas we can offer you support and arrange your next session. We offer up to eight one to one sessions that can help you to positively manage your condition and aims to improve your overall wellbeing.
Currently we have a small waiting list of around 4- 6 weeks, however we will contact you within 5 working days to discuss your referral further.