We have a volunteering opportunity within our Children and Young Peoples Service for our young men's project supporting young men aged 14- 20 years living in Stockton and Middlesbrough. You’ll be part of a small team supporting young men through a variety of sports, arts and personal development activities to help develop their self-confidence and emotional wellbeing. The young men come from a variety of backgrounds including minority communities and the Care Leavers service.
This is an extremely rewarding opportunity and suitable for someone who demonstrates care and understanding and has the ability to communicate with young people and understands the challenges they face and the impact this can have on the mental health and wellbeing.
The current opportunity is for two late afternoons a week Monday and Wednesday 3-6pm (minimum). Your base will be at Mind offices on Lothian Road travelling to community venues from which the activities are delivered.
The role includes;
· Volunteering within a small team
· Volunteering in community venues in Middlesbrough and Stockton
· Helping support a range of physical activities to include football/badminton
· Helping support emotional wellbeing workshops (with training and guidance)
· Supporting the team in preparation for the activities/sessions
· Monitoring attendance
· Adhering to Minds policies and procedures
· Attending regular supervisions
You will receive;
· A volunteer induction
· Ongoing support and guidance
· Mandatory training
· Volunteer expenses
· Access to our Volunteer Recognition Scheme
To register your interest please complete the attached application form and return it to Jeanna.Kibbler@middlesbroughandstocktonmind.org.uk
We look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply
You can download supporting infomation and an application form below - as a single zip file or one file at a time.
Apply in writing to: Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind, The Mind Centre, 90-92 Lothian Road, Middlesbrough TS4 2QX