You will be part of Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind’s primary care psychological therapies services and will provide time-limited counselling interventions for clients who present with common mental health problems, including anxiety and depression, for which counselling is demonstrated to be clinically effective.
You will work with people with different cultural backgrounds and ages, using interpreters when necessary and should be committed to equal opportunities.
You will be supported in your role by a mentor who will provide guidance specific to service delivery. You will receive regular line management support provided by a senior member of the Open Minds Therapies Team.
- You will work with at least 2 clients per week. Days and hours of work and maximum number of clients will be agreed with your line manager.
- You are expected to abide by Middlesbrough and Stockton Minds policies and procedures.
- You will complete the record keeping, paperwork and administrative procedures as per standard practice to ensure the efficient running of the service.
- You will contact your line manager or administration team as soon as possible if you are unable to attend, in order for clients to be contacted and appointments re-arranged.
- Working towards a foundation qualification, degree in counselling or eqivalent
- Have a clinical supervisor
- A minimum of 50 hours supervised clinical practice OR demonstrable experience working one-to-one, face-to-face delivering therapeutic interventions in a mental health service
Location: throughout Middlesbrough, Stockton, Redcar and Cleveland
Disclosure: This position is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check and subsequent re-checks.
If you are interested in applying for the placement, please download the role description and our application form below.
How to apply
You can download supporting infomation and an application form below - as a single zip file or one file at a time.
Apply in writing to: Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind, The Mind Centre, 90-92 Lothian Road, Middlesbrough TS4 2QX