We understand that sometimes life is really hard to cope with and it can feel like lots of different things are getting out of control. Sometimes things can head towards crisis point when you haven’t been able to get the help or support you need.
If you have any difficulties you're finding hard to cope with, Stepping Forward is here to help you.
We can support you to find the right services that are available in your area, and to make good use of the support available.
We can help get you support with:
- Alcohol or street drugs
- Physical health and wellbeing
- Emotional or mental health and wellbeing
- Concerns about harming yourself; or being at risk of harm from somebody else
The service is flexible and responsive, this means that we will work at your pace and at times and places that are comfortable for you.
Who is this service for?
The Stepping Forward project could be right for you if:
- You're aged 18 or over and live in the Middlesbrough or Redcar areas
- You have recently experienced a mental health crisis for example: attended A&E or the Crisis Assessment Suite
- Different things in your life are causing you concern or problems, and things could be heading towards a crisis
- You haven't been able to find and use the support you need
- You are not working with anyone else around your mental health.
If you think that we can support you, please contact us and ask to speak to somebody from Stepping Forward.
What happens next?
You can refer yourself, or if this is difficult for you, someone else can do this on your behalf. We can also take referrals from professionals such as your GP. Once we recieve your referral we will be in touch within 3 working days. You'll be allocated a named worker who will support you to address your needs every step of the way.