Peer support is when people use their own experiences to help each other.
People with mental health struggless believe that sharing their stories can provide invaluable support to others.
The training we offer will give you the skills and understanding to do this.
What can the peer support training do for you?
- Give you the skills and confidence to support others
- Improve your communication skills
- Inspire others by sharing your life experiences
- Make friends with similar interests
- Improve your mental health and wellbeing
- Provide you with useful information that can help you set up your own group
The free training is five hours a week for six weeks and is accredited by One Awards.
Who is this service for?
We'd like to hear from you if you are willing to:
- Share your personal experiences of recovery to inspire hope in others
- Demonstrate to others that they have the power to recover
- Offer help and support as an equal in a group setting
What happens next?
Once you have got in touch with us, a peer support co-ordinator will contact you to discuss your enrolement on the training.
You will be invited to a session before the training programme starts to give you further information and answer any of your questions.