Are you struggling to make ends meet and want practical support to get back on track?
Firm Foundations can work with you, so you don't face these problems alone. We will help you to build your confidence and provide you with the skills so you don't face this problem alone again. We will address your immediate concerns such as finance, poor housing, alcohol, street drugs, benefit issues and find ways to tackle this, with long term solutions too.
No one should have to suffer this way.
Other things that are often not considered is emotional support such as a social network, people who are struggling may not have someone to turn to. We can offer support to meet your needs and co-ordinate specialist guidance from other organisations if required.
We can also come along to your appointments to make you feel at ease and offer you advice and guidance on what to do next.
We offer a range of approaches to help you get your life back on track and also improve your situation and well-being.
- Flexibility - providing you with a unique combination of practical support
- Relationships - We genuinely care about your needs and will respect and understand your situation
- Accessibility - We will help you find and access the right services
- Engagement - We will not give up until you are out of hardship and have recieved all the care necessary
- Building - We will develop your skills and assets to focus on your future
- Outreach - We'll find places for you to get the help you deserve
Who is this service for?
The Firm Foundations team can help you if:
- You're aged 18 or over and live in the Middlesbrough
- You are experiencing a form of hardship and need access to support
- You need help finding the right services
- Different things in your life are causing you concern or problems, this could be heading towards a crisis
- You have problems with your emotional or mental health due to hardship.
What happens next?
The service is flexible and responsive, this means that we will work at your pace and at times and places that are comfortable for you.
If you think that we can support you, please contact us and ask to speak to somebody from Firm Foundations.
We can also take referrals from professionals such as GPs or other service providers. Or a friend or family member can contact us on your behalf.