We understand mental health, and that makes us perfectly placed to help address the uphill struggle to regular exercise, for women experiencing mental health difficulties.
Our Energise team can work with you to create a unique and personal exercise profile to help you achieve your fitness goals through a wide range of activities on offer such as:
- Badminton to Bowls
- Street Dance to Ballroom Dancing
- Ice-Skating to Yoga
- Gentle Social Walking Groups
- Netball and Boxing
- Women’s Football
- Rowing and Cycling
Why get active with Energise?
Being active not only makes a positive difference to your physical wellbeing. It can have a major impact on your mental and emotional health too. The Energise project can help you to:
- Improve your overall mental health wellbeing and recovery
- Meet new people and make friends
- Achieve weight loss
- Improve your confidence, motivation and self-esteem
- Reduce stress, anxiety and depression
- Enjoy better physical health including improvement, and reduce the risk of long-term health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure
Is Energise for you?
Energise is for women aged 18 or over in Middlesbrough and Stockton on Tees and the programme could work for you if:
- You're interested in getting active, but may not have exercised before
- You're on a low income and find cost is stopping you getting active
- You're concerned about attending alone, or struggle with anxiety
- You have childcare responsibilities, that influence the times you are available
- You struggle with the side-effects of medication and lack structure to your day
- You find depression leaves you feeling tired and unmotivated - exercise actually releases endorphins, well documented as improving depression and motivation levels
Who is this service for?
Women, aged 18+ with mental health difficulties, and not currently physically active (for 28 days or longer), living in the Middlesbrough and Stockton area.
What happens next?
We’ll get in touch to meet up at a time and place convenient for you. You can learn more about Energise, and we can find out what are the main reasons stopping you getting active. We will then work together on devising a personalised programme of physical activities that interest you, whilst addressing the challenges to exercise you have told us about.