Volunteers' Week - A Focus on Our Community Minded Service
By Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind
Doing something good is good for your mental health. It's that simple. Giving something back or volunteering can create a positive experience and support your emotional and mental wellbeing.
Through Community Minded we can support you to give back to your local community, via volunteering or setting up your own community action groups. As Community Minded service is heavily volunteer focused, during the pandemic we had to scale back its work. Now, as restrictions continue to lift, the service is relaunching.
You don’t have to commit lots of your time. You don’t have to go through complicated application processes and it’s ok if you don’t feel confident, we can help you along the way.
Our experienced team will get to know you, work with you, and together you will develop a personalised plan that will include:
- Support to increase your skills and confidence
- Access to our 'Get Ready to Give Back' training course where you will meet other like-minded people and learn practical skills that will prepare you for volunteering and build your confidence
- Support to find the right opportunity for you to volunteer in a way which suits you and fits into your life
- Support to set up a community group or activity that helps to support others
- While we can't always meet in the way we would like due to current Covid 19 restrictions we are able to schedule face to face appointments alongside telephone and online support.
Watch Stacey, a project worker for Community Minded talk about how great it is to be relaunching the service here