Ways to look after your mental health
By Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind
There's lots of ways you can look after your health and we know that not everything works for everyone. Some say physical activity or how you eat can keep them mentally well. Others find self-help tools such as a creative hobby or mindfulness can help.
At Connect we offer a range of short wellbeing courses that can give you tools and techniques to better manage your mental health. Want to see what a typical course looks like? Nathan has vlogged about his journey on our Stressbusting course.
You are what you eat...
What we eat can have a significant impact on how we feel.
Our Food and Sleep course explores this relationship and how food can help the body and the mind to function at its best.
Here's some types of food that can go towards improving your mental health:
- Dark Leafy Greens: A Nutrient-Dense Inflammation Fighter
- Walnuts: Rich in Mood-Boosting Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Avocado: Its Oleic Acid Gives You Brainpower
- Berries: Full of Cell-Repairing Antioxidants
- Tomatoes: Packed With Depression Fighters
- Beans: Satisfyingly High in Mood-Stabilizing Fiber
Once you've signed up and let us know the courses you'd like to try, we'll invite you to a welcome session where you can meet the tutors and ask any questions.