Get Set to Go!
By Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind
The Get Set to Go project has been busy lately and has had a lot of attention on our Twitter and Facebook pages. For the MFC Foundation’s second annual Social Inclusion Football Tournament at the Herlingshaw Centre, the Get Set to Go project entered a team who had been having weekly football sessions as part of MFC Foundation’s ‘Think with Your Feet’ social inclusion programme. You can read more about this day here.
With the help of British Canoeing and Tees White Water, the team also went out Kayaking on July the 5th, and had a great time too. Get Set to Go is always open for more to join, and is directed for people who…
- Are aged 18+ living in the boroughs of Middlesbrough and Stockton
- Want to use physical activity and sport as a means of improving their mental health and wellbeing
- Find starting something new difficult
- Don’t have the motivation or confidence to participate
- Don’t know what’s available or how to access it
- May need someone to support them to attend
- For more information on the Get Set to Go project, look here.
To refer, for more information or an informal chat please contact - Andy Birks, Sports Coordinator, Get Set to Go, Middlesbrough and Stockton Mind.
01642 796630 or 01642 796638